Team AA

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Drunk actions are sober thoughts

 
Hmmm, I think this very much can ring true, but not in all cases. The thing is, I understand that sometimes people can express themself more "freely" while under the influence, but I also think that intoxication can lead to exaggeration....and I don't ever see "I was drunk" as a valid excuse...well, almost ever. This saying gets overused and often people use it as an excuse to say how they actually feel but if the reaction doesn't fit to their liking then... blame it on the a-a-a-aaalcohol. 
-Tipsy Tilly


My position on this famous quote is that being drunk cannot be used as an excuse for one’s actions.  Having said that this quote in my opinion does speak the truth because when your drunk you project your true feelings and emotions which you might not otherwise when you are yourself.
I definitely agree with the preceding quote as it was surely written by a person wiser than me.  But you don’t have to be a wise person to know that this quote does make a strong point.  As we all know from our own experiences, we are not ourselves when we’re intoxicated.  And we all do things that we end up regretting the following day.  By this I mean we do or say things that we have been carrying or hiding from others.  That’s were drunk dialing, and your sudden openness to tell others how you feel comes out.
This happened to me when I ran into a certain lovely lady and she played me her voice mail messages.  When I heard those I was embarrassed and vowed to never let that happen to me again.  Since then I can honestly say that I have learned better self-control and more importantly I have built up more tolerance to alcohol.  I can drink more without getting “wasted” and with age I have learned that this is the much better way.
-Frank the Tank
Sober thoughts become drunken actions? I would definitely have to agree with this statement because I feel like alcohol serves as the anti-filter in which all of your deepest darkest thoughts, even those you are most ashamed of, are revealed. I’m not saying that it’s ok to do these things, as if its some sort of excuse, but I think the fact that we don’t have control over intoxicated actions is what makes inner uncontrolled instincts take charge. 
 -Loosey Goosey
I think that the statement “drunk actions are sober thoughts” does not ring true to me.  I rarely have coherent thoughts while drunk and I can sometime become a completely different person acting out in ways I would never if I were sober.  I believe this statement is a cop out or a way to false identify someone’s actions while being intoxicated.  I know sometimes that this statement can be true but for the most part I believe things become exaggerated and more of a big deal when someone is drunk rather than sober.
-Booze Babe

No comments:

Post a Comment